|Millie and Enrique Gonzalez|
Sr. Gonzalez is the Director of the Institute which administers the Spanish Track Certificate of Ministry programs within Pacific Christian College of Ministry and Biblical Studies of Hope International University. The books were selected because of their heavy use by these students who meet in various locations throughout Southern California, including the main campus in Fullerton.
Interesting coincidence... The donation just happens to coincide with Mexican Independence Day Grito de Dolores ("Cry of Dolores") - September 16, 2012! But earlier this year, closer to Cinco de Mayo, together with the Crossmont Institute, the Darling Library purchased a large collection of quality used books in Spanish to support these programs. Professor Fernando Soto-Dupuy took a school van and his son to San Ysidro to pick them up for us. About one third of the 1,450 books have been cataloged, processed, and shelved so far.
To find these books in the Darling Library:
1) Go to the library's home page (http://library.hiu.edu) and click on the Advanced Search link below the WorldCat Local search window in the middle of the page. Then...
- Add/Remove Databases
- Deselect the Default Databases box
- Select WorldCat.org only
- Save Selections
3) Scroll down to "Narrow your search (optional)" and choose the following limitations:
- Library: Hope International University
- Format: Book
- Language: Spanish
5) Use the call number to find the book on the shelf.
Robin Hartman is Director of Library Services at Hope International University. She is curious about how the organization and communication of information shapes society and is committed to equipping students to impact the world for Christ.