Hope International University was selected as one of 150 institutions worldwide to receive this competitive award. (See the full story on the HIU website.)
Dr. Curtis Holtzen, Associate Professor of Philosophy & Theology, who applied for the Library Award on our behalf will be cutting the ribbon.
Although these books are all available for purchase individually, the ISSR Library Project added value to this collection in a number of ways that warrant special library handling as a set:
- The books underwent a peer review screening process in which the original 2000 submissions were reduced to 224.
- Introductory essays have been written for each title.
- Each book has been rebound in matching durable library binding. (They look like they belong together.)
- Cataloging records have been developed for librarians to easily shelve the books together.
To learn more about the ISSR, visit http://www.issrlibrary.org/.
- 2000 - Books submitted to the ISSR for peer review
- 224 - Titles in the ISSR Award
- 250 - Volumes in the ISSR Award (some have multiple volumes)
- 404 - Total books now in the Darling Library cataloged under the Library of Congress Subject Heading, Religion and Science
- 167 - eBooks included in the total books cataloged under Religion and Science
- $6,250 - Estimated value of the collection if purchased individually (paperback)
- $0 - Amount spent on the acquisition of the ISSR Library