Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: Mango Languages

Congratulations to Adunct Professor of Music, Janell Coskun. She wins a T-shirt for writing a review of one of our library resources!

I was so excited to find “Mango Languages” on the HIU Library website, under “M” on the resources page. I have been trying to find a good program to study Turkish, and have even used Rosetta Stone which is great for memorizing vocabulary words, but I found Mango to be more descriptive and comprehensive, as well as very user-friendly. By the end of an hour I could easily say “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Turkish very well. I’m not from here. I’m from America. Where are you from?” I also learned a long list of vocabulary words!

I was quite amazed that I could understand the grammatical rules behind the structure of the sentences as well, and even learned cultural tips along the way in my two chapters of study I completed so far. In preparation for my upcoming trip to Turkey in May, I feel that I will be fairly capable in conversing in the language if I practice using Mango Languages on a daily basis. It seems like a wonderful program for someone wanting to learn a foreign language easily and quickly!

Janell Coskun, MM
Adjunct Professor of Music, online


You, too, can write a review of one of our resources and win a library T-Shirt! Students, staff, faculty, and alumni of Hope International University are eligible.

No comments: