Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What are you reading, Mary Wright?

As far as reading goes, I had a very busy summer! I finished about fifteen books for the classes that I took, but I wish that I could have found time to finish something other than a textbook.

Over the summer I juggled teaching an online undergrad course here at Hope with the five Marriage and Family Therapy classes that I was taking myself. My practicum began this summer as well, to which I added a couple projects for the Dean and my preparation for the Fall semester. It was quite a ride!

Although I love learning and it's super fun to read journals, articles and textbooks, I would really like to be reading my set of seven Patricia Cornwell novels and my five Mary Higgins Clark books. I'm a big fan of mystery and murder, not to mention my love for Dr. Charles Stanley and Pastor Greg Laurie. In fact, if you were to walk into my family room and take a look at my library, you would see four shelves of "things I'd like to read when I retire." Hence my diet coke "habit"!

Mary Wright's background is in Marketing and Research, and before leaving the corporate world she had held the position of vice president at a Fortune 500 company. She is now the chair of Online Business Administration in the College of Business and Management here at HIU. She started her education later in life: but once she started, she never stopped! She zipped through her Bachelor's and went through to her Doctorate without a break, and is now continuing her education with classes in the MFT Department.

We'd love to know what you are reading. To join the fun, fill out the "What are you reading?" questionnaire and submit it by following the instructions included.

No comments: