Wednesday, April 06, 2011

What are you reading, Mark Comeaux?

I chose Sharon D. Parks' Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young Adults in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose, and Faith because I am interested in researching the student mentoring process. It was a very helpful book!

What is important to you will shape how you go about living in the world. Having read Big Questions, Worthy Dreams, I will take away a number of ways to help students set these goals and define success. Overall, I appreciated the very practical ways that Parks gives to help students navigate their 20's and grow in their faith. I would definitely recommend it to staff and faculty here at Hope.

I like to read as much as possible, and I read mostly for inspiration. Usually, I will be in a book for an hour or two a day. My next title will probably be James Fowler's Stages of Faith: The Psychology of Human Development and the Quest for Meaning.

Mark Comeaux has been at HIU for six years and serves as the Vice President for Student Affairs. Above, he has offered to share one of his favorite photos with us: in it he stands next to former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden.

Big Questions, Worthy Dreams: Mentoring Young Adults in Their Search for Meaning, Purpose, and Faith by Sharon Daloz Parks, Jossey-Bass, 2000.

This book may be purchased at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Better World Books.

You may also locate this book at your local library by searching WorldCat.org.

Tell us what you are reading:
We'd love to know what you are reading. To join the fun, fill out the "What are you reading?" questionnaire and submit it by following the instructions included.

No comments: