Library workers include the following:
- Archivists appraise, process, catalog, and preserve permanent records and historically valuable documents.
- Curators oversee collections of artwork and historic items, and may conduct public service activities for an institution.
- Museum technicians and conservators prepare and restore objects and documents in museum collections and exhibits.
- Librarians help people find information and conduct research for personal and professional use. Their job duties may change based on the type of library they work in, such as public, school, and medical libraries.
- Library technicians and assistants help librarians with all aspects of running a library. They assist patrons, organize library materials and information, and perform clerical and administrative tasks.
The Darling Library has three full-time professional librarians, one full-time library services manager, two part-time library technicians, and eleven student library assistants.
Library Quote of the Day
“It is an awfully sad misconception that librarians simply check books in and out. The library is the heart of a school, and without a librarian, it is but an empty shell.”
Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Brainyquote.com)
|By Luigi Novi, CC BY 3.0|
Jarrett J. Krosoczka (b. 1977) is the author and illustrator of a number of picture books such as the Lunch Lady series (Knopf Books for Young Readers) – (Wikipedia)
See a review of the Lunch Lady series at Common Sense Media.