Wednesday, February 09, 2011

What are you reading, Frank Platania?

I read Why Should Anyone be Led by You? by Robert Goffee and Gareth Jones as part of our class' study materials, and it is one of the best! I would recommend it to every leader and every aspiring leader.

Writing in a very clear manner, Goffee and Jones deal with the individual rather than just leadership concepts. What is more, they deal with a few subjects that I have not read about anywhere else. The concepts of social distance and personal authenticity, however, stand out as the two most important ideas that I will take away from the book.

For fun, I usually read history and leadership material. My reading habits will take me through one to two books a week, and my next book will probably be How Evil Works by David Kupelian.

Franco ("Frank") Platania is studying Leadership and Management with emphases on both biblical and secular leadership here at HIU. He is in the MA in Ministry program with the Apostolic School of Theology.


Why Should Anyone be Led by You?: What It Takes to be an Authentic Leader, Harvard Business School Press, 2006.

This book may be purchased at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and Better World Books.

You may also find this book at your local library by searching WorldCat.org.

Tell us what you are reading:
We'd love to know what you are reading. To join the fun, fill out the "What are you reading?" questionnaire and submit it by following the instructions included.

No comments: